Solution: Mystery of the lost session

As speculated in Twitter the command was connect and the activity was logon. After some research the root cause could be found : The report server attempted logon using invalid credentials.

After we had corrected the credentials, the row locks disappeared.

The first good indication of the solution, I got the blog of Dominic Brooks: Failed Logins can cause row cache lock on dc_users. Martin Preiss, too, had found this website when searching for the solution. Stefan Koehler has documented a very similar case in great detail: Wait event “library cache lock” by (security) design and exploring system state dumps (oradebug). Franck Pachot mentioned on Twitter that the “connection management call elapsed time” event in AWR should have been a hint, had I only noticed… Of course, Martin Berger was as always on the right track.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s